Friday, May 21, 2010

The End Of The Silence

I don't know if anyone has wondering where I've been. My last blog post was on March 20th. That was almost two months ago.

So why the long silence? A few reasons. I was working on a project that was going live on April 1st. Yes, I've wondered too as to why someone would pick a program to launch on April 1st. Think about it. If anything went wrong and I let them know, how much credibility would my notifications have? But I digress. All went well and the program was successfully launched. In addition to other work-related issues that I will not bore you with, life just became busy. Truth be told though, I didn't think anyone was really interested in anything I wrote in my blog and I didn't want to come off as seeming too self-absorbed.

Then came this post on my wall on Facebook. It said, and I quote: "I want to follow you! Not like Jesus, but your blog, Susannarama! What happened to it, sister?!" It was posted by my cousin Rachel, one of my most favorite people in the world. The post made me chuckle at the "Not like Jesus" part. It also got me thinking, "Why not?" I love to write. Someone out there seems to want to read what I write. I have much to say about much. I haven't lost my muchness, I'm still as muchy as I was before, if not muchier.

Yes, I did watch Alice in Wonderland during my hiatus. But, as I was saying, I think the very purpose of the blog is to have your very own little corner on the internet where the thought in your mind become pictures through the words that you write. This is my blog. This is all mine own and nobody can take it away from me. I invite everyone to come and take a look at the pictures that are my thoughts. You may just take a glance and then leave, or you can stay a while. Either way, I think I'm back. But it's no longer Susannarama, it's SimplySusanna.

This one's for you, Rachel. Thank you :-)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You rock (also one of my favorite people)! Thanks! Also, a suggestion to add a "Follow Me" button. :-)

suz616 said...

Done :-)